Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cold Showers for Health and Beauty~!

Hey ladies! So I've been thinking all day about what to write about next...and it hit me right after I took a shower. See, I always have a nice hot shower, but at the end...I always turn my water to cold and just shiver and soak up all the cold water. Why? Because cold water actually does help you! I've known this for a couple years now, and I must say...I've yet to take a shower without cold water. It's great for your skin and hair, but also great for your health! So, how is cold water healthy for you?

So I know cold showers sound so unappealing. Believe me, I was hesitant to try it also...but when I did the research, turns out: Cold Showers are Amazing. They can do so much for your health and beauty! However, do not take a cold shower when it's your time of the month! Cold water on the body puts too pressure and strength on the reproductive system...Anyways...onto the positive effects of taking cold showers~:

Number One: It detoxifies your body. Cold water contracts your muscles to the point where they eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes. The more waste you lose, you begin to build immunities and also purify your blood. Cold Showers + Green Tea = ULTIMATE DETOXIFICATION!

Number Two: Your skin could use it. When we bathe or shower with hot water, it dries out our skin and enlarges our pores which makes it easier for dirt and pollution to clog them up. Yes, you can start off your shower warm, enlarge your pores to clean them out, but end your shower with cold water so you can shrink the pores so more dirt doesn't get in. Also, cold water makes your blood vessels restrict...which means if you have dark circles, a cold shower will reduce swelling and dark circles giving you a healthy glow.

Number 3: Shinier hair. Need I say more? Apparently, you can shinier hair also if you use the "cool" setting on your hair dyer. Wish I learned that sooner. Anyways, in the same way cold water shrinks your pores, cold water shrinks the cuticle of your hair making it difficult for dirt to accumulate. It's also building strength, which means that when you're brushing or combing your hair, less hair will come out.

Number 4: Less stress and more energy! Cold showers can reduce stress by regulating your autonomic nervous system and of course less stress has many benefits in the long run! If you're depressed or have depression, take a cold shower. When we take a cold shower, there is a mild electroshock that is sent to our brain and stimulate the brain's "blue spot" which delivers a chemical that causes depression. And just the cold water alone will wake you up!

It's crazy that a single element can have this big of effect. There are more effects too by the way. Here's a website that has 21 Benefits of a Cold Shower. I personally love my cold showers. I love hot water, but heat also makes me sleepy and tired. When I need energy, BAM cold water. I may be shivering, but it's worth it. I tried to look cool little things you in a cold shower to help your skin even more, but to no avail. So, I hope this was helpful ladies!! Let me know if you decided to try a cold shower out and how felt afterwords!!!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Sounds very interesting so I will give this a try! ^^

    ReplyDelete