Sunday, October 2, 2011

Raw Chocolate & Skin Benefits! Yummy~

Hi ladies. It feels good to be back on my laptop posting! I've been busy lately with work and what not! Also, my boyfriend's grandmother is in town and so, I really like to spend time with her because...honestly, my grandmothers weren't really around in my life. So to be around her is refreshing. Anyways...let's get on with this post!
CHOCOLATE! Not milk chocolate or dark chocolate, but raw chocolate. I personally am always looking for natural ways to take care of my skin, body, and hair and I have an addiction to chocolate especially Hershey's Cookies n Creme bars and hot chocolate. I am so excited to be sharing this post with you guys because I'm stoked to try this out myself.
So raw chocolate has a lot of anti-oxidants in it which degrade when cooked, that's why milk chocolate and all the others aren't really helpful to your health or skin. First off, chocolate CAN make you happy. The "love chemical" and "bliss chemical" is packed in cocoa which makes us happy. Plus cocoa has plenty of magnesium and iron and can balance out your hormones. Cocoa also hydrates our body and the MAO inhibitors also promote weight loss in our bodies by curbing our appetite.
Now, how is chocolate good for our skin? Well, like I said before, chocolate has a ton of anti-oxidants. So, these anti-oxidants are the main reason why chocolate is great for our skin! So what can these anti-oxidants do? Well...
1. Smooth out wrinkles on your face.
2. Prevent free radicals from causing damage to our skin's elastin.
3. Exfoliates dead skin cells and regenerate new ones.
4. Rejuvenates the skin.
Also, chocolate has so many flavanoids that it maintains collagen and protects our skin against sun damage and...it's an awesome moisturizer. So, since chocolate is so great for our skin...why not a few recipes?

Chocolate Facial Masks!

Recipe #1
Ingredients:
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
3 teaspoons of oatmeal powder
First off, oatmeal is great for sensitive skin as an exfoliate. Honey also opens up clogged pores and an anti bacterial agent! So all you have to do is just mix the ingredients until the mass is consistant. Apply on your face and gently massage so the oatmeal can exfoliate the dead skin cells. Leave on for 15-20 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. Easy as pie.

Recipe #2
Ingedients:
1 tablespoon of green tea powder
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
And enough honey to make a thick paste.
With this recipe I found, it says you can also add essential oils to the paste if you'd like. But just mix and apply to your face by gently massaging. Rinse off after 20 minutes. BAM. This recipe will definitely be packed with anti-oxidants from both the green tea powder and the cocoa powder! Great for anti-aging too.

Recipe #3
Ingrediants:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey (preferably raw)
2 tablespoons of avacado
3 teaspoons of cornmeal
Cornmeal is a wonderful exfoliant! Just incase you didn't know...lol. Anyways just mix into a creamy paste, apply on your face with clean hands and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Then, rinse off and enjoy a beautiful glowing and healthier face!

So I hope you ladies got something out of this! I also hope you guy enjoy the facial mask recipes! Please be sure to comment and let me know how the cocoa masks helped!!! Anyways, I'm going to get some rest as I wait for the boyfriend to call! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Be safe and take care~!!!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment