Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's the Simple Things in Life...

Hey everyone. It's been a crazy week so far. And unfortunately, I have the sniffles. I have been sneezing since 2am last night. I was sneezing before that, but today it's gotten just a wee bit worse. My eyes feel like they are bulging out. Speaking of my eyes, I've been having to use my eye drops a lot recently. They've been itching for unknown reasons. But the eye drops are helping...I haven't itched my eyes since I took them.
Anyways, I don't know. I really feel like I have been taking life for granted. I have been taking the things in my life for granted. My heart has been feeling so heavy and I couldn't explain why. I thought it was my family's situation. After talking about it to Anthony, I did feel better. But this morning at 2am, I woke up crying. I have no recollection of the dream I had. It scared me though. Maybe God is trying to tell me something through this feeling? I know I've had this feeling before, but I could never understand what it was...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:6-7

It does feel like it may be anxiety at times. But what is it that I'm anxious about? I have a job that pays well, I am doing well in college, I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I cherish with all the love God's given me, my family loves me to no bounds...yet I still feel down. I wonder if I have to take a step back and look at everything from a distance. Maybe I need to re-evaluate things. Maybe God feels he's been placed second in my life. Maybe God is looking for me to reselect my priorities.

"And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. "  - Matthew 22:37-38

Maybe God is looking for me to just enjoy the simple things in life again. Maybe I've been thinking about the more materialistic items or a more complex way of life that is just unnecessary. I remember when me and Anthony first started dating, all I wanted to do was have dinner and a movie at home with him. Nothing more, nothing less. Back then I didn't have a job and was more conservative with my money. Now, I have a relatively well paying job and I find myself wanting to venture out more instead of enjoying a day at home resting.

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." - Psalms 19:7

I guess I am beginning to answer my own question now. God is asking me to reselect my priorities, stop having anxiety over my priorities, and go back to the simple things. Because it's the simple things in life we oughta cherish the most...right? The simple things bring more wisdom and understanding than the things of the world. I think once I get the chance, I'm just going to spend some time talking with God, asking him what he wants of me.
Anyways, I may post again today depending on if I have time. Thanks for reading guys, I know this post was a bit personal, but it definitely helped me out. I hope it may help you out also. Feel free to comment and have a great week everyone~!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment