Monday, October 17, 2011

What Causes Our Skin to Break Out!

Hey everyone. So I was inspired by BubzBeauty's recent post on her website about how having too much sugar and certain foods in our diet can actually cause our skin to break out. So, I really wanted to widen it out to more problems. So I hope you all enjoy and find this information useful! I know I have...o_o. My skin is starting to break out bad again. Especially on the right side of my face..it's terrible. So, take a look!
So I have found that the livestrong website has a lot of details on what causes acne on our face. It's crazy at how little things can cause a reaction on our skin. So, let's begin...
Oil - Our face is not meant to be oily. It's supposed to have a light glow, and not a shine. Our phones, hands, hair, pillows, and most items that touch our face have dirt and oil on them.  I can tell which side I use my phone most on because it is more irritated and persistant. Also, oil-based make up products don't help much either. Plus they're directly on your face, so the oil has an even bigger chance to seep in. You can reduce this by wiping your phone off a couple times a day, washing your pillow once a week, and using less oil-based products.

Hormones - Some of us aren't blessed with perfect hormones. For me, I have incredibly terrible fluctuations in my hormones. For the longest time, I could not control it! Unfortunately, these fluctuations can provoke and cause new acne. Hormone changes create excess oil which may not reach the skin's surface, causing acne.

Sweat - I'm pretty sure most people hate to sweat. There is a distinct smell afterwords and it can occur in the oddest places. It can also trap the oil and dirt within the skin if you don't wash and cleanse your face after working out or being outside too long in the heat.

Weather Changes - When the weather shifts from Summer to Autumn, Winter to Spring, our skin becomes unbalanced and this may cause your face to ultimately break out to provide balance. Also, especially during the cold season, the dry air also dries out your skin, so be sure to moisturize daily.

Air Travel - I don't travel by plane often. When I went to Japan though in 2006, I kind of noticed my skin was a little more itchy and there was redness and acne plunged forth like no tomorrow. And since I may be going to Israel next year, I was kind of interested on how air travel affects our skin. If you think about it, plane cabins have low humidity. Because our skin retains moisture, the dry air will begin to suck out that moisture you have. This can cause your skin to be dehydrated and can trap oil which can cause breakouts. (...now I know...).

Food Consumption - Certain foods, such as dairy or sugar, can cause our skins to break out. Some diary products contain certain hormones in them. These hormones can clash with our hormones and thus BAM break outs. Our skin is supposed to release certain things that our body is not in agreement with. Dairy and sugar is hard on our bodies because it is harder to digest and may come out through our skin as blemishes.

Stress - This is something that I have trouble with. I have never been able to manage my stress well. it's getting worse, especially now with college, my job, and things in between. I am trying my hardest though. Stress can do some major damage to our skin. When we are stressed out, we release adrenal glands which in turn makes us produce more oil and our skin becomes even more oily. I am starting to find ways, however, to control my stress. I've found that this blog has really helped me relieve stress because I'm focusing on things I enjoy and love. Also, just relaxing and resting can help also.

Ways to Break Out Less - Hydrating your skin and keeping it moisturize helps. Vitamin D and water can help reduce break outs. Rinsing with cold water have you've cleansed your face will help not only with your skin, but with your blood vessels are dark circles. Clean pillowcase, clean phone, clean hair, clean hands all will help! Also adjusting your diet will help also.

Well I hope you guys found this post helpful. It really helped me, and I hope it does the same for you! Let me know if you any more information or what you really liked about this post! I really would like your feedback. :)
I hope you all have a fantastic week! Happy Monday, haha! (There is no such thing...) and take care!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment