Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipes for Healthy Skin~

Hello Ladies! So yesterday, I was conflicted and didn't know what today's topic would be and now that I'm at school...all I can think about is food...so to help me feel like I've achieved total satisfaction without eating, I will show you all some great recipes that'll help your skin and are just healthy in general!And so, Let's Get Started!
Recipe #1: Carrot-Mango Smoothie
What a refreshing drink for the summer heat!
They say you can use this recipe as a breakfast alternative. I, personally, would probably drink it anytime of the day. I'm a huge smoothie person. If I could have a smoothie every minute of the day, I'd die happy. But this recipe is packed with vitamins and protein that are great for you and your skin.
So first off, you want 1/2 cup of carrot juice, 1/4 cup of frozen/fresh mango chunks, and 1/4 cup of ice cubes. Just put it all in a blender and you're done. It's easy and simple and healthy!! Here is the link for more information by the way! Carrot-Mango Smoothie Recipe
Recipe #2: Grilled Samon with Tomatoes and Basil
This looks amazingly delicious and simple. Not too filling, yet satisfying.
I love fish. They have omega 3s which help reduce inflammation in our body including our skin. So this is definitely a plus with this recipe! Plus tomatoes are great for your skin also. I hope you don't mind me changing the layout for this recipe...it's a tad long.
Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 whole wild salmon fillet (also called a “side of salmon,” about 1 1/2 pounds; see Tips)
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preparation:
First things first, preheat your grill to medium. You want to be able to cook your food immediately after preparing it. Mash the minced garlic a 3/4 teaspoon of salt until it forms a paste. Then, put in a bowl and stir it with oil. Remove all bones that are still in the salmon. Then measure out a a piece of heavy duty foil and coat it with cooking spray! Place the salmon with the skin side faced downwards, then rub it with the garlic mixture. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of basil over the salmon then place those lovely tomato slices on top with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Put that fish on a grill and leave it for 10-12 minutes. Once it's done, top it off with the rest of the basil and you're good to go. For more information, here's a link: Grilled Salmon with Tomato and Basil Recipe
Recipe #3: Papaya Smoothie
Yes, it features Bubzbeauty. But this recipe is so simple and as I said before I absolutely love smoothies.
The ingredients and instructions are all within the video, but they do have a website: SortedFood.com
I am actually in the process of trying this smoothie recipe because I love sweet fruits and raspberry and papaya just sound amazing, especially for the summer. I hope you guys enjoy it also.
Well, I think 3 is enough...plus the website I've given you also include more recipes that are great for your skin. I wish I could post them all, but this post would be obnoxiously long and I don't want to make you guys suffer! So please enjoy and let me know your results! I hope you all have a wonderful day and take care!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
 Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment