Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Green Tea for Beauty

Hello there ladies! If I could use one ingredient for all my skin care and hair care products, it would always be Green Tea. My favorite facial scrub has Green Tea in it and it has done wonders. I still break out here and there, but my acne is under more control than it was when I was using harsh products like ProActive. Plus, my skin is so sensitive, I was in search of something that would reduce how red my face can get and help fight my acne at the same time. (Just incase you're wondering, I use St.Ives Green Tea Facial Scrub). Also, I love the taste of green tea/matcha. I love matcha smoothies, matcha ice cream, even matcha mochi. I did some research as I kept hearing about all these benefits from just drinking green tea and using green tea products. It's amazing. And, I wanna talk about them.
So, let's start with some background on green tea (thank goodness for wikipedia). Green tea originates from China and has spread throughout the world ever since. (That was short.) Green tea is rich in anti-oxidants and other lovely little gifts. I was reading so many articles and blogs talking about how green tea helps lose weight. So I decided that I was going to look up how this process works because, honestly, I was skeptical. Apparently, green tea can provide us with more energy with minus the caffine PLUS it flushes out all the nasty toxins and gross stuff from your body allowing you to burn more calories. I think this is one of the healthiest ways to lose weight if you don't want to do those stupid crazy diet plans.
Recently, I have been looking for star fruit...why? To whiten my teeth. I can brush brush brush for almost 10 minutes and my teeth still don't look any different. I watched a bubzbeauty video and heard her talking about star fruit and whitening teeth and I was like "Ohhh, that is beautiful. None of those gross strips, just something you can eat. I will enjoy that." But, I can't find star fruit anywhere! Not even where I work. So, when I read that green tea helps whiten teeth, you can imagine the smile on my face. Green tea is already packed with fluoride which whitens your teeth if you drink it! How easy is that?
Last, but not least, Green tea is FILLED with anti-oxidants much stronger than vitamin A and vitamin C! I've read (from a couple different websites) that with 3 cups a day, you can reduce your symptoms for eczema. Also, green tea reduces redness and is used in many anti-aging formulas. The powerful anti-oxidants fight again free radicals which cause our skin to break out and will also boost and balance hormone levels.
On a none beauty note, however, green tea also helps with allergies. This is great for me. I have terrible allergies when it's pollen season. Green tea has EGCG (Methylated epigallocatechin gallate...I can't even pronounce it..) which blocks receptors of an allergic response and can help with watery eyes and sneezing (my worse symptoms).
So ladies, I hope this was helpful~! I am still in the middle of fixing up my blog so please bare with me~!
Thanks so much~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

1 comment: