Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Love. ~A Dedicated Post~

Hey everyone! I hope all is well! Today's post is a dedicated post. Tomorrow is December 1st. Tomorrow is mine and Anthony's anniversary. I will be honest with you, before I met Anthony...anniversaries were corny or pointless. Woohoo, 1 year. But, since I've been with Anthony...my whole perspective on life and love have completely changed. This post is about the past year. This post is dedicated to you, Anthony.
I still remember the phone call I recieved 364 days ago. It was 4am...and you knew I had to wake up at 5am for school. But you knew I would answer regardless. You sounded nervous. I was just happy to hear your voice, but your words still mean so much to me. You mentioned how you've never had a girl cook breakfast and bring it over to make sure you ate. I would always make you an omelette with toast. I tried to make it fancy one day by adding strawberries, but your mom ate it. You explained how being with me as a person helped you really appreciate someone not just for their looks, but for their personality and what they have to offer to the world. You talked about how I pressed you to keep God in your life and keep you focused on his word. You said no girl has ever done that for you. You asked me to be your girlfriend (for the 2nd time) and I remember crying and saying yes.
That day still brings a tear or two to my eye. Since then, my whole life has taken a turn for the better. You have been an amazing boyfriend and an amazing man of God. We have fallen short at times, but we continue to pray and ask God for his forgiveness. The other night you mentioned how our bishop once said that "buying a girl gifts is not for showering her with, but to treat her like a queen." (paraphrasing...) Although I love each and every gift you have given me (especially my anniversary gift..but we'll get to that in a second)...you've made me feel like a queen without anything. Just by taking care of me when I have cramps and am PMS'ing; just by rubbing my feet after an 8 hour shift at work, just by watching Disney movies with me even if they are childish...you've made me feeling queen. No words can describe how...thankful I am to God and to you.
You are honest. Loving. Caring. Amazing. Talented. Incredible...y handsome. ;) You are always determined to share God's love and word with people whether it be just through speaking or by your mixtapes. I have to admit, you inspired me. You told me that I can glorify God by creating this blog about beauty and health. You've inspired me with your mixtapes. Everything you have done for Christ and to better yourself has inspired me. I'm growing every day because of you and because of God working through you. You have a loving heart. And I hope I can inspire people the same way you have for me.
I want you to know that every moment I am by your side or in your presence or able to hear your voice...I am thankful for. I am thankful to see the smile on your face. I am thankful to rub your head or your belly. I am thankful to share a meal with you. I am thankful to see your face brighten up when you've accomplished something. I am thankful to be there for you when you are down. I am thankful for every prayer we prayed together over the phone before we say goodnight. I am thankful.
Dear Anthony, you asked what the inscription on the gift I got you says. I told you it's something I think we must keep in our hearts forever.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13
Love requires Strength. We need to have the strength to love another person the same way God loves us. We need strength throughout our day to stay encouraged and keep the devil at bay. We need strength to overcome obstacles that may cross our paths. We must always have strength. That is why I chose this scripture. When I saw it, I cried and knew exactly at that moment that I wanted to inscribe it on your gift. I hope you get the same idea I did, when you read it.
With that, I have one more thing to say. Anthony, Thank you. Thank you for a wonderful year together. You are an amazing man, boyfriend, and future husband. Like I said before, I never really thought much of anniversaries. But now, I am excited to see it. Because it's a celebration of growth as a couple. It's a celebration of two people putting forth effort to keep a relationship together and happy. It's a celebration of God bring two people closer and allowing them to love each other like he loves us. Thank you Anthony. I know I'm not good at words and writing and typing and what not. But just so you know...I love you.
May God bless us with another year and many more to come.

And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance. - Ephesians 5:2

With love,
Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment