Saturday, December 3, 2011

Seasonal Skin Benefits of December~! Time for Tomato!

Hey everyone! I am so happy to be posting about tomatoes. I recently came across a product I was interested in and it's main ingredient was tomatoes. So I'm so excited because I just found out that tomatoes are normally in season in December. So, this month's seasonal benefits is TOMATOES.
Everytime I think of tomatoes, I think of cold and cooling. Well...that's why we use raw tomatoes on our skin. They have lypocene and anti-oxidants that are soooo...amazing and good for our skin. It is an amazing...fruit? (Or is it a vegetable??) And I will be sure to include some tomato-based products for you to try! So, why are tomatoes so good for our skin?

If you have Large Pores...
If you have large pores, you are more prone to infection and acne because dirt can settle in easier. What I keep seeing and highly suggest is just mixing fresh tomato juice and lime juice and applying it to your skin REGULARLY for 15 minutes a day and rinsing. This will clean out your pores and, as I said regularly, will shrink your pores. Thus, making you less prone to access dirt in your pores.

If you have Acne...
I have been prone to acne since I was little. For the first time in my life, it's actually managable. But, I'm always looking for products that help and are natural and organic. I've found those products to be most effective. So, knowing that tomatoes help with acne is awesome. Tomatoes are acidic, and their acidity does dissolve and reduce the dirt which will clean your acne. Tomatoes are also rich is Vitamin C and Vitamin A and even Vitamin K. So it also nourishes your skin while cleaning it.

If you have Excess Oil...
Excess oil is one of my major causes of acne. What you can do is combine tomato juice with an avocado and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. After you rinse, you should notice you face is less oily. You can also use cucumber juice instead of avocado if you like. Either should do the job, it's all about preferences and whether or not you're allergic to one or the other.

If you have Blackheads...
I tend to get blackheads on my nose...that's where the most oil on my face is and it's terrible. Thankfully, tomatoes can help get rid of those blackheads! For this, I would highly suggest the tomato and avocado mask because tomatoes have repellent substances which removes the blackheads while the avocado has the antiseptic and moisturizing properties which will cleanse and moisturize your face.

If you have Inflammation...
Inflammation is like redness of your skin. It can be caused by irritation from itching, a sun-burn, or another type of irritation. If you really want to soothe the inflammation, mix half of tomato that is freshly grated along with natural or organic yogurt. Both are cold and will instantly soothe the inflammation. The yogurt will give your skin protein which will make you skin soft and the tomato will neutralize your skin. It will feel so good. I promise!!

Here is a video plus. I love BubzBeauty's channel because she knows so much about skin care and hair care is she just seems so sweet and helpful. I love to feature her videos on here because they are helpful and easy to do. So...here is a short video on her DIY Tomato mask! I hope you enjoy and feel free to subscribe to her youtube channel!



Tomatoes will help your skin stay healthier and also make your skin appear younger and make it glow. Plus tomatoes are easy to get and there are plenty of tomato-based products out there. Here are the few I would try and reccomend...
Tomato-Based Products to Try...
Yes To Tomatoes Facial Starter Kit
I have seen this brand on amazon but you can also get it at Target for about $20. The Yes To brand also has 2 other facial starter kits with carrots and cuccumbers. But this one specifically uses tomatoes as it's main ingredient to promote perfectly balanced skin. It's unscented and is best used for oily-skin and it comes with 4 items which includes a tomato mask. So, I would highly suggest this for everyone. It's a great deal for an organic brand.

SkinFood Tomato Whitening Line
I've never used a SkinFood product before...but the reviews I've seen have been everything but negative. You can get SkinFood products on amazon and also at sasa.com. They also have other tomato products like hand lotion. This line is meant to brighten up dull skin, help clear your skin, and improve your skin tone. They also include organic acids which help dissolve the dirt in your skin and make it clearer. So, if you're willing to pay $20 per item in this line I would suggest it.
Well everyone! That's all I have for you today!!! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope it was beneficial. Let me know if you have any of the products above or have tried any tomato facial masks. I would love to hear your stories and reviews! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend~! Take care and stay blessed!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment