Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feed Your Skin with Oatmeal!

Hey ladies! I'm baaaack!!!! It's been forever since my last post! I am trying so hard, but I hope to do a personal post tonight just to kind of catch you all up on the different things of my life. :)
As for now, here's another health and beauty post for you all to enjoy and use to your benefits!

So, I will be honest with you...I have never really liked oatmeal. I could never stand the texture or the taste, it was awkward for me. I would never go near it until I was reading so many articles on how awesome oatmeal is for skin. And of course, I was tempted. So I did a little research for you all and here are some awesome skin benefits you can treat yourself with by oatmeal!
I recently bought the new Aveeno Oatmeal moisturizing lotion and I am very happy and impressed with the results. I guess that's why I wanted to do a post in the first place. I have seen a significant difference in the way my skin looks and how smooth it is! I am very pleased. But how is oatmeal good for your skin?
Well first off, oatmeal is filled with antioxidants that provide healthier circulation throughout and can do extreme wonders for your skin. It also has omega-3s and fatty acids which can be beneficial too.

Fighting Acne
Oatmeal is an all natural product meaning it doesn't have harsh chemicals that will cause your skin to break out even more. It is a natural cleanser and gentle exfoliater. It soaks up all the impurities without pushing harmful chemicals into your pores! This is important especially for people with extremely sensitive skin. It will do wonders and make your face smoother and brighter without the excess oil.

Treating Dry and Irritated Skin
Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory properties which means it is great to use if your have irritated, red skin. Colloidol oatmeal may be best for this situation. People use oatmeal to treat their sunburns or poison ivy by healing the skin and opening your pores.

Here are some recipes for facials masks and baths you guys can use/take to better your skin and even relax yourself in!

For People with Excess Oil
All you need is ground (colloidol) oatmeal, water, and milk if you please! Very simple for those who don't have much time on their hands. Just mix the oatmeal and water together to make a thick paste and add milk whenever you please. You can also replace the water with milk if you'd like. It will nourish your face and help you control the oil!

For People with Acne
This mask is going to be more an exfoliater! All you need is 1/3 cup of fast cooked oatmeal, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/4 of honey. Mix the water and oatmeal together and cook for however long the package requires you to cook it. Once it's cooling, add the honey and mix mix mix! Then apply a thin, even coat on your skin. You can add some lemon into the mix also to help exfoliate. After it dries, go ahead and rinse! Oatmeal will absorb excess oil, exfoliate dead/excess skin cells, and soothe your skin!

For Baths
Just fill your tub up with lukewarm water and add colloidol oatmeal. Your bath will turn a milky white and will benefit your skin and help you relax!! Very easy and it will make you feel like a princess.


A little bonus from BubzBeauty!

I hope you guys enjoy and start to use oatmeal a little more!!! It is definitely beneficial and beautiful! If you guy shave any more recipes, tips, or just have tried oatmeal before and enjoyed the results; I would love to hear your testimonies and comments!!!
Be sure to stop by tonight! A personal post is'a coming!
Take care everyone, have a blessed week and stay healthy! Be sure to bundle up because it's getting cold!!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment