Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Treating Eczema~! Best Lotions and Home Remedies for the Job.

Hey everyone! Winter is finally here and it's the worst season for my skin. Unfortunately, winter is when my eczema acts up and becomes visible and itchy. I never get it any other time of the year, just the dry winter season. So, I know there are others who have this problem so why not find a solution?
For me, I get eczema on my shins and ankles. Luckily, I can hide it, but I still feel the need to itch and it's just a little embarrassing knowing that there's this rash on my leg...ugh. So what is eczema?

Eczema is a form of dermatitis,[2] or inflammation of the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin). - Wikipedia

It's a pain in the butt, but it can be tamed and your skin can be restored~! I am always looking for natural and less expensive ways to treat anything regarding skin and hair...and I'VE FOUND SOME FOR ECZEMA. :) You don't really need like full on recipes, but just the simplest ingredients will help!

Apple Cider Vinegar - Honestly, I'm not an apple cider fan...let alone mixed with vinegar? However, many people who have eczema have found that it does help. I heard it tastes...terrible, to say the least. But if you can manage it, all you have to do is drink 2 tablespoons a day with a glass of water and rubbing apple cider vinegar on the affected areas, you should have clearer skin in no time.

Coconut Oil - I'm not a big fan of coconuts either, but coconut oil helps in the same way apple cider vinegar does if not better. Just drink 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and also rubbing it on the affected areas. It's inexpensive and coconut oil is easy to find.

Aloe Vera - I love aloe vera. Aloe vera has been something my family uses for everything from eczema to sun burn. It is nice and cool and very soothing to inflammed skin. It will lessen any inflammation and promote healing to the affected area. Aloe vera can be found in different products, but it is a plant in it's rawest form! I suggest the plant overall.

Oatmeal - Oatmeal is one of the most beautiful things ever. I have found oatmeal the most effective when it comes to my eczema. You can use oatmeal based products, which is what I use...OR you can try a good ol' oatmeal bath. The oatmeal bath will soothe irritation and itchy skin and also cleanse the skin of any causes of the irritation. It's easy and relaxing.

Now that we've got some simple and natural ways to take care of eczema...why don't we just take a look at some products that I suggest for taming your eczema!

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion $5-$10
I have been using this lotion ever since the cold season hit and I love it. I highly reccomend it because it is an oatmeal based product. It is fragrance free and is great for sensitive skin, such as eczema.

Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion $6.49
I've never used this specific lotion, but when I got my tattoos...this brand was my choice. When you get a tattoo, the healing process is a bit much. Your skin will become itchy because it is an open wound and is healing. So I bought Eucerin. From the reviews I've read, it is a miracle worker for eczema. It's not that expensive and it is also fragrance free and dermatologist reccomended.

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter $5.99
I have not tried this product, but it has been reviewed highly by people who have eczema. It is great for sensitive skin and people who have severe eczema. The cocoa butter and shea butter allows the skin restore it's healthy glow and moisturizes and conditions the skin making it soft and smooth.

Anyways guys, that's it for today! December 26, I will be filming a Christmas haul video and possibly another video before New Year's Eve/Day! I hope you all have an amazing week and Happy Christmahannukwanzika! May all your Holiday wishes come true!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae
P.S. - May I suggest you all to follow http://kaycaitsdailyranting.blogspot.com/ ? I've known this girl all throughout high school and trust me, she's got a lot to say! I love her to death and she's mah best fran. :D Haha, so definitely check her blog out and give her some followers! <3

2 comments:

  1. Hm, I might try the last body butter you mentioned.... I don´t have eczema, but my skin is really sensitive. A shame that any oat products make me break out in a rash (stupid allergies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! But there are other products that will definitely help. :) I'm thinking about trying the body butter too after my lotion runs out, so if you get it first, let me know how it is? :)

    ReplyDelete