Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Ways to Relieve Stress

Hello hello! So It's been a couple days, but I have an explanation...I was trying to figure out all the technical stuff for my Japanese online class. BUT, now it's all good. Until we have to do mandatory webcam chats. I don't know how to work that...Oh well! Anyways, today I'm adding another label for the blog. "Lifestyle." And today we are going to talk about stress. I have problem with getting rid of stress and sometimes it will build up and up and up until I have a mental and emotional break down which includes crying and eating. But, I always love to learn about ways to relieve stress because...they work. Even if it's something simple. So let's get started!
So, honestly, anything can become a stressful situation. For me, I get stressed out when it comes to driving somewhere I've never been to, college, and time. They can stress me out to no end, but after I realized how bad it gets at times, I started to think and research ways on how to take care of stress and relieve it. And I'll be honest with you, I'm a simple person. So, it doesn't take much...

#1 - WATCH YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE
Everyone has a favorite movie or favorite movies. For me, it is definitely "Tangled." Just watching it brings a smile to my face and makes me really not pay attention to what is going on outside of the movie. Just take a night to relax, pop up some popcorn, get in your comfiest clothes, and put on your favorite flick. Watch it by yourself or with your friends. Either way, it's simple and doesn't require you to run around.

#2 - EXERCISE
When we stress, our bodies respond to it negatively as a physical threat. If you exercise on a regular basis, your body will lower the adrenaline resting already to make room for the next flood of stress hormones. Not only will exercise help with stress, but it has also been found to help with depression which may come with long-term stress. For me, I'm currently in the process of getting my gym membership and my goal is to go to the gym once a day for a one hour incline walk. It's so simple and it comes with many more benefits such as getting fit!

#3 - TAKE A NAP
Sleeping is important not only for our skin but also for our immune system. When we have even one night of interrupted sleep, our level of imflammatory cytokines rises. We have to keep our level of cytokines down because when they rise, it can lead to more than feeling stressed. It can cause certain cancers, diabetes, and even obesity. It is best to get six to eight hours of sleep a night, but if that isn't possible with your schedule, at least take a nap whenever you get a chance.

#4 - HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Surround yourself with your friends and have a fun day out! If there is one thing I enjoy it is being with Anthony. I love being around him because he makes me feel relaxed. He'll do anything he can to make me comfortable and smile. Even if you don't have a significant other, just being around close friends is a wonderful feeling. Study shows that people who are socially isolated without emotional support from others tend to have more stress and an increased risk of mortality and illness. I love my boyfriend and my friends because they are supportive of my decisions and when one of us is down and out, we pick each other up. Be sure to make some time for your friends.

#5 - FOLLOW UP ON YOUR HOBBIES
There is a reason you have hobbies. They bring comfort and can make you feel at home and relaxed. I don't know if I told you all this, but I love to sing. I always have. Recently, I've found myself realizing how much I really enjoy singing. I sing everywhere...especially in the car. I also find solice in reading. Being able to forget about the world just seems so pleasurable to me. Being able to belt out a tune or read a good book just seems so relaxing to me. Why don't you try getting back in touch with your old hobbies? Maybe you'll also realize why it was a hobby in the first place.

There's your 5 ways to relieve stress. Hopefully you guys will take some of these and try them out! And I hope you like the new addition to the blog. Feel free to comment below about what helps you get rid of stress! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! My weekend is going to include something I've been excited for all week...
YES INDEED! IT'S FINALLY HERE! As I said before, my favorite movie is "Tangled." Today was the re-release of "Beauty and The Beast" in 3D and guess what it features..."Tangled Ever After." As soon as I heard this...best believe I told Anthony. For Christmas, Anthony got free movie tickets from his mom. Normally there is a surcharge fee if you want to upgrade to 3D, but we didn't have to pay surcharge thanks to the wonderful manager at the theater. (Oh...we got the tickets for BaTB ahead of time...) So, tomorrow night after me and Anthony get off work, we're going to see the movie. EXCITEMENT! Anyways...take care everyone!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting rid of stress.....>.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing ways. One more option for stress relieving is getting a massage with stress relief oil. Massage is really a good and natural way for stress.

    ReplyDelete