Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros & Cons: Glasses & Contacts

Hello! Oh my gosh, my second post in a week! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. Anyways, right now I am watching "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC waiting for the season premier of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding"...I have a problem. I love TLC. I can't help myself. Especially on Friday...I mean Bride Day. I can dream about my own wedding can't I? Moving on! So today, I want to talk about the pros and cons about wearing glasses and contacts. As you all know, I prefer glasses simply because I know I am not the type to keep up with contacts. But there are tons of people who do not like the way they look with glasses on. So, which would you prefer?
So I guess we should start off with glasses! I have been wearing glasses since 5th grade. I remember constantly squinting to see the blackboard and trying to get closer seats to the TV and what not. Ever since 5th grade, my eye sight has weakened significantly. I have thought about lasik eye surgery, but that seems out of the question for a while, haha. Anyways. Let us visit the pros of wearing glasses!


PROS TO WEARING GLASSES:
1. You do not have to clean your glasses on a daily basis.
2. They slip on and off, so there is no wrestling to put them on.
3. They have a certain look that some people like.
4. Low maintainence. Point blank.

CONS TO WEARING GLASSES:
1. They can hurt your nose and your ears.
2. If there is high humidity, your glasses will fog up.
3. They may fall off or slide off easily. (However, if fitted correctly, they shouldn't do this often.)
4. When driving or walking, your peripheral vision is blocked or distorted.
5. They are not ideal for sports...or swimming.
6. Your vision will more than likely be distorted.


PROS TO WEARING CONTACTS:
1. It is great if you want a more natural appearance.
2. They come in more than one color if you would like to temporarily change your eye color.
3. They won't fall out too easily.
4. They won't fog and water will not block or smudge your vision.

CONS TO WEARING CONTACTS:
1. It requires learning and practice just to put them on.
2. Very high maintainence & can be costly.
3. They can get irritated easily especially in a smoky environment.
4. Since they are not as big and bulky as glasses, they can be difficult to find if lost or dropped.
5. Most contacts you CANNOT sleep in.
5. Great for sports.
6. It creates a more natural vision without distortion.

In a sense, it's all a matter of preference. If you know you would not be able to keep up with the up keep of contacts, then glasses maybe your best option. If you'd like a more natural look and are willing to put effort into it, contacts are for you. For me, I don't know how I look without glasses. It's been a 9 to 10 years. But, I know I am way too lazy and low maintainence for contacts. I've made glasses work though. I even have a pair of perscription sunglasses (transition lenses don't work in the car...so be prepared to fork up $300 for a pair of perscription sunglasses that are walmart brand).
Well, I hope this has been helpful for you all! I know it has for me when I had to make my decision and even remake it. Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing weekend! I think it's going to rain all weekend here...ugh. Allergies AHOY. Take care and stay blessed!
Thanks for reading~! <3
With love,
Taylor Rae
Yet another birthday picture...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment